The ICD Awards recognize the critical and commercial success of small press comic creators, focusing on books that highlight the experiences and stories of underrepresented groups.
Creators have the option to self-nominate or nominate other creators via the Indie Comix Dispatch website. Nominations will be required to submit a pdf copy of their books, creative team, category of nomination, and a brief overview of the submitted work. All Nominations must have been released or crowdfunded in 2022.
All nominations will be reviewed and submitted for voting via poll within Indie Comix Dispatch’s official Facebook group, ICD: Creator HQ. The top 5 vote receivers in each category will be selected as finalists.
A panel of judges will judge all of the finalists. The judging panel will be made of five individuals selected by the ICD Executive Team. The judges will receive a scorecard and a copy of each book. Judges’ scores will be averaged to create a composite score. Finalists will be ranked by this composite score.
Winners will be announced via a special ICD webcast.
- Comic of the Year
- Cover of the Year
- Favorite Publisher
- Favorite Writer
- Favorite Artist
- Favorite Graphic Novel
- Favorite Trade Paper Back
- Small Press: For the purposes of the ICD Awards, Small Press Publishers are those comic publishers with less than $1,000,000 in annual sales and less than a 10,000 print-run per issue.
- Trade Paperback: A trade paperback is a collection of stories originally published in comic books, reprinted in a collected format, usually presenting either a complete miniseries, a story arc from a single title, or a series of stories with an arc or common theme.
- Graphic Novel: A graphic novel is a long-form, fictional work of sequential art. Unlike stand-alone stories, they have more complex plots and generally tell one larger story.
- Publisher: A person or company that prepares and issues comic books, graphic novels, or other works for sale.